To schedule an event, you must, at a minimum, complete the Basic Information, Date & Time and Audio Conference Settings in the event scheduler.
If you’ve previously saved an event template, you can select it from the Event Template drop-down list to pre-fill scheduling fields.
Event type: Select an event type. Available event types are determined by your site settings.
Event name: Type a name for your event. It will appear in the Event List and on the Event Information page of your Event Center site. You can use HTML attributes and tags to customize the appearance of the name. Click the question mark for details.
Choose a listing status:
- Listed: Anyone who visits your Event Center site will see the event listed.
- Unlisted: To join the event, attendees must enter the event number and password or click the link in their invitation email.
Delete from My Meetings when completed: Select to automatically delete the event from the My WebEx Meetings list when it has ended.
Registration: (Optional) Select to require attendees to register for the event. This allows you to view a list of attendees, collect their information, and accept or reject individual requests.
Note: If you require registration, complete the fields in the Attendees & Registration section.
Event password / Confirm password: Provide a password and confirm it.
Note: If your site administrator has set password requirements, they will be displayed here.
Program: To include this event in an existing program of scheduled event, select the program from the list. Or, click Add a new program.
Depending on your site settings, your scheduling page may also include Tracking Code fields.
Date and Time
Specify the start date and time and estimated duration for your event. You can also coordinate the event time for all attendees outside your time zone, enable attendees to join and connect to audio before the event starts, and choose when you want to receive an email reminder about your event.
Start date / Start time: Select the date and time that you want the event to start.
Plan event time zones: Click to display the Time Zone Planner to select the best event time for all attendees.
Estimated duration: Specify the estimated duration of your event.
Time zones: Defaults to the time zone in your My WebEx profile. Select up to three more time zones to coordinate with participants around the world.
Select optional check boxes:
- Attendees can join [number of] minutes before start time: Select check box, then number of minutes from the drop-down list.
- Attendees can also connect to audio conference: Select to allow attendees to connect to event audio before start time.
Email reminder: Choose when to receive an email reminder prior to the event.
Audio Conference Settings
Choose from among the available audio conference options, and indicate whether you want to hear a tone or announcement when attendees enter or exit the event.
Select conference type: WebEx Audio, Other teleconference service, Use VoIP only or None.
WebEx Audio: Allow participants to join the audio portion of the event using their telephone or computer (VoIP).
Select audio options:
- Display global call-in numbers: Give attendees the option of calling from different parts of the world.
- Allow attendees to receive a call back: Give attendees the option of receiving a call back to connect to event audio.
- Estimated number of callers: Provide an approximate number of attendees who will join the event audio.
- Provide Audio to attendees using Audio Broadcast: Broadcast audio one-way over the Internet to attendees’ computers.
- Mute upon entry for all participants: Mute attendees’ audio when they enter the event. The host or presenter can unmute them at any time.
- Entry & exit tone: Select the sound alert, if any, that participants will hear when an attendee joins or leaves the event.
Other teleconference service: Allow attendees to participate in event audio using alternative teleconferencing.
Use VoIP only: Allow attendees to participate in event audio through their computers only.
None: Specify that no audio is required.
Event Description & Options
Provide content and formatting instructions for the Event Information page attendees will see before your event, and select options for rich media use during your event. You can also specify a survey or destination URL that attendees will see at the conclusion of your event.
Description: Type a description to appear on the Event Information page, which participants can view before joining the event.
Host image: Click Upload to add an image of the host or presenter to the Event Information page.
Event material: Click Upload to add material that attendees can download before the event.
Who can view the attendee list: Specify who can view the attendee list during the event.
Video: Choose whether to use video during the event and select video options.
Post-event survey: Click Create post-event survey to automatically administer a survey when attendees leave the event.
Destination URL after event: Provide a Web address where you want attendees to be taken after the event.
Attendees & Registration
In this section, invite attendees using your contact list, or by entering email addresses. You can also specify whether invitees can invite others.
To invite attendees:
1. Click Create invitation list. The Create Attendee Invitation List window opens.
2. Click Select Contacts, then search for contacts in your address book.
3. Select the check box next to the contact you want to invite, then click Add Attendees.
Note: To invite attendees who are not in your contact list, type their information in the New Attendee fields, then click Add to Invitation List.
4. When the Attendees to Invite list is complete, select the check box next to each chosen contact, then click Invite.
Invite friends: Allow registered attendees to invite others to the event.
Maximum number of registrants: Limit event attendance by typing the maximum here.
Registration form: Click here to customize the form attendees will see when they register for the event.
Destination URL after registration: Provide a web address where you want attendees to be taken after they complete the registration form.
Registration ID required: Select Yes to require that registrants enter an ID number when they register.
Registration password: Select Yes and supply the password registrants must enter when they register.
Approval required: Select No to automatically approve all registrations.
- Select Yes to manually approve registration requests.
- Click Set up approval rules to automatically reject registration requests that meet specific criteria. For example, you could create a rule to reject registrants from a specific company.
Presenters & Panelists
Presenters can assist you in running your event by managing polls and Q&A, responding to chat, and making annotations on shared documents.
To invite panelists:
1. Click Create invitation list. The Create Panelist Invitation List window opens.
2. Click Select Contacts, then search for contacts in your address book.
3. Select the check box next to the contact you want to invite, then click Add Panelist.
Note: To invite panelists who are not in your contact list, type their information in the New Panelist fields, then click Add to Invitation List.
4. When the Panelists to Invite list is complete, select the check box next to each chosen contact, then click Invite.
Panelists info: Type information about the panelist that you want to appear on the Event Information page. You can use HTML attributes and tags to customize the appearance of the name. Click the question mark for details.
- Select the check box to allow panelists to upload documents to share during the event.
Panelist password / Confirm password: Provide a panelist password to add extra security to your event.
Event Center enables you to specify the format and type of event-related email that will be sent.
1. Select the email format and indicate whether you want to include iCalendar attachments.
2. Select the types of email messages you want to send when certain events occur.
- Click the title of an email to modify the content.
Save and Schedule
When you have completed the scheduling page, select one of the following options.
- Save as template: Click to save the options you have selected for future use.
- Schedule this event: Click to schedule the event. The Send Event Emails page appears.
- Select the check boxes for the invitation emails you want to send, then click Send Now or Send Later.
- On the Email confirmed page, click Continue. The Event Information page appears.
- From the Event Information page, you can start the event, send event emails, manage registrations, or click Edit Event to make changes.