You can annotate on files and whiteboards that you share during an event. If you grant permissions, participants can use both text and graphics tools to highlight, add notes, and create basic images. Then, you can save and distribute all documents created and annotated.
You can access options for sharing content during your event from the Share menu and from Share File on the Quick Start page.
My Desktop—Share your computer desktop with participants instantly. If you have multiple monitors connected to your computer, select the monitor you want to share.
File (Including Video—Locate files you want to share, then click Open. If you select multiple files for sharing, you can access them during your event using tabs at the top of the content window.
Note: If notes have been added to a shared PowerPoint presentation created with PowerPoint 2010 or earlier, they will be available to the presenter in the PPT Notes panel.
For best results when sharing presentations created with PowerPoint 2013 or later, use Share Application.
Application—Select an application from the list of running applications, then click Share.
Best Practice: Open the application before you share it. If you don’t have the application open, click Other Application, choose the application, then click Share. If you have multiple monitors connect to your system, avoid sharing applications displayed on different monitors.
Whiteboard—Open a new whiteboard for annotation.
Web Content—Enter a URL and click OK. The web content opens in the Content Viewer and participants can navigate the site independently.
Web Browser—Enter a URL and press Enter. Participants can see the website in your browser. You control what is displayed in the browser and participants follow along as you navigate the web.
Remote Computer—Select a computer and click Connect. Enables control of remote computer. Access Anywhere agent required.
My Event Window—Allows you to show your event window to participants.
Sharing in Full-Screen Mode
When you share in full-screen mode, session controls are available in a control panel at the top of your screen.
Return—Exit full-screen view and return to the event window.
Share—Access the sharing menu to switching sharing modes instantly, without returning to the event window.
Assign—Make another participant the presenter, pass remote control, or assign privileges. If you change presenters while sharing, sharing will stop and all participants will be returned to the event window.
Audio—Join or leave event audio, or switch audio connections.
Mute Me—Mute or unmute yourself quickly without returning to the event window.
Participants—Display the Participants panel. While the panel is display you can drag to position it anywhere on your screen.
Chat—Display the Chat panel. While the panel is displayed you can drag to position it anywhere on your screen.
Recorder—Display the Recorder panel from which you can start recording the event. While the panel is displayed you can drag to position it anywhere on your screen.
Annotate—Display the Annotation tools from which you can select to annotate content while in full-screen view. While the panel is displayed you can drag to position it anywhere on your screen.
More Options—Manage panel layout, display the Notes panel, access audio options, synchronize full-screen view for all participants, invite and remind participants, or end the event.
When you are the presenter, you can use the page controls to move forward and backward through a document and change the participants’ view of content you are sharing. For example if you are sharing a PowerPoint presentation, you can use the controls to move through slides.
Note: The page controls will not advance through transitions and animations when sharing presentations created with PowerPoint 2013 or later.
- To go to the next page in a document, click the right arrow.
- To go to the previous page in a document, click the left arrow.
- To go to a specific page in a document, click the down arrow, then select the page.
Thumbnail view provides you with small previews of the content you are sharing.
To show thumbnail view:
- Click the Thumbnail View icon while sharing content. Preview images are displayed in the event window. The previews are not visible to participants unless they have been granted the Thumbnail privilege.
- Click an image to share that page in the document.
The page controls also enable you to change the page view, to show content in full-screen, or to zoom in, for example.
To switch to full-screen view:
- Click the Full Screen icon (two diagonal arrows). The shared content is displayed in full-screen view.
- Click Return on the control panel to exit full-screen view and return to the event window.
To select a different page view:
Click the View icon (magnifying glass), then select an option from the menu.
- Zoom in or out in increments, or select a specific magnification.
- Rotate pages left or right for landscape or portrait orientation.
- Synchronize all participants’ view to the same as the presenter’s view. Brings all participants’ event windows to the front if they are viewing other applications.
You can give participants access to annotation tools when you schedule your event, or while the event is in progress.
- To show or hide annotation tools, click the Show-Hide icon.
- To enable or disable annotation privileges, click the Allow to Annotate icon, then select a participant’s name.
- Click an annotation tool to turn it on. Click again to turn the tool off.