Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR) Cloud is an add-on for WebEx Meeting Center. It is an easy-to-use video conferencing service that pairs the cloud-based WebEx video bridge with WebEx meetings.
Two types of WebEx meetings include CMR Cloud:
- Meetings in your Personal Room at a permanent address
- Individually scheduled WebEx meetings at a changing address
You can host CMR Cloud meetings just as you do other WebEx meetings. When CMR is added to your Meeting Center site, the video bridge is automatically included when you schedule a meeting.
Participants can join Personal Room CMR Cloud meetings using the permanent web and video addresses on your Personal Room page or meeting invitation. Or, they can join a scheduled CMR Cloud meeting at the changing web and video addresses in the meeting invitation. Participants can join from anywhere, using computers, mobile devices, and properly configured video conferencing devices or applications.
If you are not familiar with CMR Cloud meetings, see Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR) Cloud Overview (WBS29.13, WBS30)
Scheduling a CMR Cloud Meeting
You schedule a CMR Cloud meeting just as you schedule other WebEx meetings.
If you need information about scheduling a WebEx meeting see:
- Meeting Center: Scheduling a Meeting with the Advanced Scheduler (WBS29.13, WBS30)
- Productivity Tools: Integrate WebEx into Outlook (WBS29.13, WBS30)
Inviting Attendees to a CMR Cloud Meeting
You invite attendees to a CMR Cloud meeting, just as you do when you schedule other WebEx meetings. As a meeting host, you can invite attendees:
- When you schedule a meeting
- Before you enter your Personal Room
- After the meeting has started
To invite attendees when you schedule a meeting from your WebEx site:
In the Attendees box, type the invitees' email addresses, separated by semicolons.
To invite attendees before you enter your Personal Room:
1. On your Personal Room page, click Invite. The Invite people dialog appears.
2. Copy and share the highlighted text using IM, a text message, or email.
Type invitees' email addresses, separated by semicolons, then click Invite by email. Invitees who receive the invitation can enter your Personal Room from computers, as well as from properly configured video conferencing devices or applications.
To invite attendees after the meeting has started:
1. Click Invite & Remind on the meeting window Quick Start page.
2. Select an option for delivering the invitation (email, phone, text message, or IM).
3. Enter the delivery address or phone number, then click Invite, Send or Call.
Starting a CMR Cloud Meeting
You can start a CMR Cloud meeting in either of the following ways:
- From your WebEx site
- By entering your Personal Room
To start a scheduled CMR Cloud meeting from your WebEx site:
1. Log in to your WebEx site.
2. Select My Meetings in the left navigation panel. The My WebEx Meetings page appears.
3. Locate the meeting, then click Start. Attendees will be able to join from computers and mobile devices, as well as from properly configured video conferencing devices or applications.
To start a CMR Cloud meeting by entering your Personal Room:
1. Navigate to your Personal Room, then click Log In.
2. Type your User Name and Password, then click Log In. Your Personal Room page appears.
3. Click Enter Room. The Meeting window opens and your meeting starts. Attendees you invite will be able to enter your Personal Room from computers, as well as from properly configured video conferencing devices or applications.
Joining a CMR Cloud Meeting
You can join a CMR cloud meeting from a computer just as you join other WebEx meetings:
- From a meeting invitation
- From a WebEx site
To join a CMR Cloud meeting on your computer from a meeting invitation:
|If you have been invited to a Personal Room||If you have been invited to a scheduled WebEx meeting|
Click Join WebEx Meeting. You are connected to the meeting and the Meeting window opens.
To join a CMR Cloud meeting from a WebEx site:
|If the meeting is in a Personal Room||If you know the meeting number||If you do not know the meeting number|
1. Open a Web browser and enter the host's Personal Room address. For example https://mc.webex.com/meet/andrew.porter.
Navigate to the WebEx site, type the host's Personal Room ID, then click Join.
2. When the Personal Room page is displayed, click Enter Room.
|1. Navigate to the WebEx site.|
2. Type the meeting number, then click Join. You are connected to the meeting.
1. Navigate to the WebEx site.
2. Click Attend a Meeting > Browse Meetings. The Browse Meetings page appears.3. Locate the meeting you want to attend, then click Join. You are connected to the meeting.
For more information about joining WebEx meetings see Meeting Center: Joining a Meeting (WBS29.13, WBS30)
Sharing and Interacting During a CMR Cloud Meeting
You can share and interact in a CMR Cloud meeting in much the same way that you do in other WebEx meetings. Any participant can make themselves presenter at any time by grabbing the WebEx ball.
- In the WebEx Meeting Center Participants panel, participants who have joined from a video conferencing device or application are identified with a special icon.
- The meeting host can mute and unmute participants who have joined from a video conference device or application just as they can participants who join from computers or mobile devices.
- When a participant who joined from a video conferencing device or application starts a desktop share, they automatically become presenter.
- Participants who join from video conferencing devices and applications cannot see content shared using the Share File function (such as documents or videos), shared whiteboards, or annotations. When a document, video, or whiteboard is shared, participants using WebEx see a warning that participants using a video conferencing device or application cannot see the content. Participants using a video conferencing device or application see a message notifying them that content is being shared that they cannot see.
For more information about sharing features available to WebEx meeting hosts and attendees, see Meeting Center: Sharing and Presenting Tools