If the host or presenter enables it, participants can view video from the presenter’s webcam and panelists can send video from their webcams. When enabled, all participants can view the video even if they do not have a webcam installed on their computer.
Setting Video Options
To set video options:
- On the Schedule an Event page, scroll down to Event Description & Options.
- Select the Turn on video check box to enable or disable video.
- Select View high-quality video, and View Thumbnails if the check boxes are available.
During the event, the presenter can enable or disable video, as well as enable video thumbnails.
To enable or disable video during an event:
- Select Event > Options from the menu bar.
- Select the Video checkbox to enable or disable video.
When video is enabled, you can start and stop sending video from your webcam at any time during the event.
To start sending video:
- If the Participants panel is not displayed, click the Participants icon.
- Click Video (the camera icon).
Your video appears at the top of the Participants panel, and the video icon turns green. When an event panelist who is sharing video speaks, you’ll see their video here.
You can control your video settings, and switch between cameras connected to your computer.
To change video options:
- Click Video Options (the gear icon) at the top of the Participants panel. The Video Options dialog appears.
- Select another camera connected to your computer, or click Advanced Options to change settings for the selected camera.
You can expand your video, or any the active-speaker's video, to fill your computer screen.
To enter full-screen video mode:
Use one of the following options.
- Double-click the active-speaker video
- Click the arrows in the upper right corner of the active speaker video.
- Right click the active-speaker video, then select Expand to Full-Screen View.
To exit full-screen mode:
- Click Exit Full-Screen View in the upper right corner of your screen.
The host can enable video sharing for up to five panelists.
To allow panelists to share video:
1. Enter full-screen mode.
2. Click Panelist Video Options in the upper right corner of the screen. The Panelist Video Options dialog appears.
3. Click Allow to Send Video, the select check boxes for panelists you want to allow to send video.
4. Click OK. Up to five thumbnail images can be displayed in the Participants panel.
To change the video display:
Move your cursor over the the video panel, the select an option when the icons are displayed in the upper right corner of the video image.
|Show participants' video in list view|
|Show participants' video in thumbnail view|
|Show a selected participant's video in full-screen view|
You can stop sharing your video at any time, while continuing to view other panelists’ video.
To stop sharing video:
- Click Video (the camera icon). Your video sharing stops, and the video icon turns gray.
Lock Video Focus
The presenter can lock the video focus on a particular panelist from standard view or from full-screen mode. This option is not available to participants.
To lock video focus:
- Move your mouse onto the active speaker’s video, then click the Lock icon in the lower left corner. The Panelist Video Options dialog appears.
- Click A specific panelist, select a panelist in the list, then click OK. Video is locked on the selected panelist until you unlock video, or lock video on another panelist.
To unlock video:
- Double click the panelist’s name in the active speaker video image. The Panelist Video Options dialog appears.
- Select The active speaker.
- Click OK.