Error: 'Your Webex Site Administrator has turned on automatic recording for this meeting' when starting a meeting from a mobile device.
Unable to join a meeting using a mobile device when the automatically record all sessions using Network-Based Recordings option is enabled.
Unable to start a meeting from a mobile device due to 'Your Webex Site Administrator has turned on automatic recording' error.
I get a ''Your Webex Site Administrator has turned on automatic recording for this meeting' error when starting meetings from my mobile device.
I can't start recording for meetings from my mobile device.
For sites with Webex and Webex Meetings, user accounts are managed through the Cisco Webex Control Hub admin, at https://admin.webex.com not Webex site admin. Only standalone Webex sites without Webex have user management through Webex site admin.
If the setting to automatically record all sessions using Network-Based Recording is enabled for your user account, then the meeting may not be started from any mobile device that is not able to start recordings.
To start the meeting, you will need to use a supported computer, or other mobile device that supports recording.
The following mobile apps support Network-Based Recording:
- Cisco Webex Meetings for Android (version 3.5 and up)
The following app does NOT yet support Network-Based Recording:
- Cisco Webex Meetings for iPhone and iPad
You will need to contact the Site Admin to disable the automatic recording setting. For help, see: Contact Your Webex Site Administrator
Site Administrators only
To disable automatic Network-Based Recording for all meetings:
- Log in to your Webex Site Administration page. (Example: SITENAME.Webex.com/admin.php)
- Click Configuration in the left navigation bar.
- Under Configuration, select the service type by clicking on:
- Webex Meetings
- Webex Events > Options
- Webex Training > Options
- Uncheck the Automatically record all sessions using Network Based Recording box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, then click Update.