The WebEx Recorder is a separate application available outside of a WebEx session. It enables you to record all screen activity in any application on your computer. Multimedia audio can be captured through an additional adapter, and voice over narration can be captured by connecting a microphone to your computer.
Recorded files are saved on your computer in the WebEx Recording Format (.wrf), a proprietary WebEx format. Recordings can be played using the WebEx Player, and edited using the WebEx Recording Editor. For information about editing WebEx recordings, see Recording Editor: Editing a Recording (WBS29.13, WBS30).
If you do not yet have the WebEx Recorder, you will need to download it.
Downloading the WebEx Recorder
1. Log in to your WebEx service site, then click Support > Downloads.
2. Scroll down to Recorders and Players, then click the Recording and Playback link. The Recording and Playback page appears.
3. Scroll down to WebEx Recorder, then, under for .WRF, click the Download link and follow the prompts.
Recording an Application
1. Launch the WebEx Recorder from your desktop.
Click All Programs > WebEx > WebEx Recorder & Player > WebEx Recorder. The WebEx Recorder console appears.
2. Select File > Open Application.
3. Select an application from the list, then click Select.
Click Other Application, select an application, then click Share. The Save WebEx Recording dialog appears.
4. Type a name for your recording file, choose a location, then click Save. The file is saved with a .wrf extension and the Recorder Panel appears.
- Use the buttons on the Recorder Panel to control recording.
|Pause or resume recording|
|Stop recording and save file|
|Set marker for navigating when editing|
|Make annotations on the screen|
|Start or stop recording audio|
|Adjust microphone sensitivity|
Recording with the Panel Hidden
1. To hide the recorder panel while recording, select Settings > WebEx Recording > Settings in the WebEx Recorder console. The WebEx Recorder Settings dialog appears.
2. Select Hide the Recorder panel, then click OK. When you select an application and click Record, the panel will be hidden.
- To pause or resume recording, press Ctrl + Alt + P.
- To stop recording, press Ctrl + Alt + S.
Playing a Recording
Using the WebEx Player, you can play any .wrf format recording made using the WebEx Recorder.
To play a recording:
1. Launch the WebEx Player from your desktop.
Click All Programs > WebEx > WebEx Recorder & Player > WebEx Player. The WebEx Player console appears.
2. Click Open
3. Locate the .wrf recording you want to play, then click Open.
Note: You can also launch the WebEx Player by double-clicking a .wrf recording file.
- Use the buttons on the Player Panel to control playback.
|Pause or resume playback|
|Navigate to the previous segment|
|Navigate to the next segment|
|Adjust playback volume|
|Turn audio on or off|
|Fast forward or rewind to a specific location|
Hiding the Player Panel
1. While the Player panel is open, select Controls > Settings. The WebEx Player Settings dialog appears.
Note: The Settings option is available only while you have a file open.
2. Select Hide the Player Console, then click OK. When you playback a recording, the console will be hidden.
- To pause or resume playback, press Ctrl + Alt + P.
- To stop playback, press Ctrl + Alt + S.