The Participants panel allows you to view the list of all participants in an event. Feedback icons, which allow participants to give non-verbal feedback to the presenter during an event, are accessed from a drop-down list on the Participants panel.
Hosts and participants have access to Feedback tools during an event.
Participants in an event can select icons from the Feedback menu to provide non-verbal feedback and express opinions.
To submit feedback as a participant:
Click Feedback, then select an icon from the drop-down menu.
You will see an icon next to your name in the Participants panel, and panelists will be able to view your response. Only the host can clear your feedback response.
To request to speak during an event:
- Click Raise Hand. The Raise Hand icon appears next to your name.
Note: Only the host or a panelist can see the order in which a hand is raised, displayed next to the hand icon.
To view feedback as a presenter:
- Click Feedback, then select Check Feedback Result to see a tally of responses in a bar graph format.
- Click next to Attendees in the Participants panel, then click View all attendees. Icons appear in the Feedback column of the Attendee List window next to attendee names.
The attention tracking feature enables panelists to gauge the attentiveness of their audience. If a red exclamation mark appears next to an attendee’s name, either in the Attendee List window, or in the Participants panel, it means they have another window open on top of the Event Center window.
To view the attentiveness of participants:
Click Attention tracking in the Participants panel. The Attentiveness window appears and displays the percentage of attendees who are not currently viewing your presentation. This information can help you decide when to use interaction or new visuals to engage your audience.
In the Chat panel, participants can communicate with the event host and panelists and, if granted permission, with other participants.
To send Chat:
1. Click in the chat box and type a message.
2. Select a recipient from the Send to: drop down list.
Note: By default, only the presenter and panelists can chat with all participants publicly or privately.
3. Click Send.
The Q&A panel gives panelists the opportunity to handle participant questions in an organized manner. You can assign questions to specific panelists, designate a priority, and defer or dismiss questions.
To ask a question:
1. Type a question in the box below the Ask drop-down menu in the Q&A panel.
2. Select a recipient from the Ask drop-down-menu.
3. Click Send. Your message is sent and appears in the Q&A panel.
To answer a question:
1. Click the question you want to answer.
2. Type an answer in the box above the Send and Send Privately buttons.
3. Click Send. Your answer appears below the question in the Q&A panel.
Note: To assign a question to another panelist, right-click on the question and select the panelist’s name from the Assign to menu. The question will appear in their Q&A panel with the prefix (Assigned).
To answer a question privately:
1. Click on the question you want to answer, then select Send Privately The Respond Privately window appears.
2. If desired, select Defer, to answer the question later, or Dismiss, to ignore the question.
3. To send a custom response, select Custom, type a response, then click Send. The attendee receives a private response.