The Polling feature allows the host or presenter to conduct a survey or questionnaire with attendees during a WebEx event. You can create, edit, and save a poll using the Polling panel within a WebEx session.
The Polling Panel
To open the Polling panel during an event:
Note: If the polling icon is not available, from the Panels menu select Manage Panels and add it to the current panels.
Polling panel sections:
The Polling panel toolbar:
Creating a Poll
1. Open the Polling panel.
2. Under Question select a Type.
For Multiple Choice make a selection from the drop-down:
- Single Answer – displays radio buttons and allows only one selection.
- Multiple Answers – displays check boxes and allows multiple selections.
3. Click New and type a question in the Poll Questions text box that appears.
4. Press Enter or click Add. A blank answer text box appears below the question.
5. Use the table below to determine your next step based on the poll question type.
1. Do one of the following:
2. Press Enter. The answer text box shrinks in size and turns blue to indicate it’s been saved.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 until all questions and answers are entered.
7. Optional steps. You may:
- Select Record individual responses to view and/or share each participant’s responses in the poll results.
- Click Options to modify or disable the default 5-minute time limit set for the poll.
- Include no answer: Select this option to display a row including the number of participants who do not select an answer below each question and to include attendees who submit no responses in the poll results calculations. When you clear this check box, the percentage displayed for each answer in your poll results will only include those participants who respond to the poll.
- Show number of responses: Select this option to display the number of respondents who selected each answer out of the total number of participants, in addition to the percentage, in the Results column of the Poll results.
8. Click the Save icon on the polling toolbar to save the poll for use in a future event session. The Save Poll Questions As window opens.
9. Type a name for the file in the File Name box and click Save
Note: While you are creating a poll questionnaire, Event Center automatically saves it every two minutes to your My Documents folder.
Alternatively, follow the steps outlined below to administer the poll in the current session.
Administer a Poll
You must open a poll before it can be administered.
To access a poll saved on your computer:
- On the polling toolbar, click the Open (folder) icon.The Open Poll Questions window opens.
- Navigate to the proper folder and select the poll file (.atp extension).
- Click Open. The poll opens in your Polling panel.
To conduct the poll with your attendees:
At the bottom of the Polling panel, click Open Poll.
The poll opens in the attendee Polling panel and is available for input. Your Polling panel sections change to display the Poll in progress information and Polling status. Attendees’ responses are added to the Results column as they are submitted. The time limit and time remaining, if set, are displayed.
To monitor attendees' progress:
In the polling status section click the three dots. The Attendee Status Details window opens. As participants respond to the poll, their names and status display in the appropriate sections.
To close the poll:
Click Close Poll to end the poll if you haven’t set a time limit or if you want to end it before the time is up (a timed poll will close automatically when the time expires).
Share Poll Results
1. In the Share with section, select one or more options.
|Option||Select this option to share...|
|Poll results||…the Results statistics and Bar Graph for each question in the attendee’s Polling panel.|
|Individual results (available if Record Individual Responses was selected)||…individual attendees’ answers to each question. The results are automatically displayed in a new Polling Results window via Web Browser Sharing.|
2. Click Apply. The poll results are displayed.