The WebEx Event window is similar to a conference room where people attend sessions in person. The Event window tools allow the host to manage the session, while providing the environment where attendees can view shared content and collaborate.
The WebEx Event window has three main areas: menu toolbar, panels, and content viewer.
Menu Toolbar: Allows access to Event Center tools and functions.
Panels: Provides areas for chat, polling, Q&A, participants’ information and video streaming, as well as the session recording tools.
Content Viewer: Displays presentations, documents, video files, whiteboards, and Web content.
When you join the session, the Event window opens. The menu toolbar at the top of the page enables you to share presentations, join the audio conference, manage participant roles and privileges, control the recording and end the session.
Click a menu name, then select from the available options.
The event panels on the right side of the Event window enable you to manage and interact with participants, control video streaming, conduct polls, start and stop recording, and more.
To open the panel during a session:
Click the panel icon in the icon tray at the top of the panels.
The panel is displayed, and the icon turns blue.
To display a panel not show in the icon tray:
1. Click the panels menu, then select Manage Panels.
The Manage Panels dialog is displayed.
2. Select the panel from the Available panels list, then click Add. The panel is added to the Current panels list.
3. Click OK. The panel is displayed in the Event Window.
To expand or collapse a panel:
- Click the arrow next to the panel's name in the title bar.
Right-click in the panel's title bar, then select from the menu.
To see a full list of attendees:
- Click View all attendees in the Participants panel.
Content you share during an event, such as presentations, documents, multimedia, applications and whiteboards is displayed in the content viewer.
To share content during your event:
- Click Share on the menu toolbar, then select a sharing option.
|Everything on your computer’s screen.||My Screen|
|A file on your computer.||File (Including Video)|
|An application on your computer.||Application|
|A whiteboard and annotation tools.||Whiteboard|
|A website that attendees can navigate.||Web Content|
|A website that attendees can view.||Web Browser|
|A multimedia file in Media Viewer.||Multimedia|
|Your entire event window.||My Event window|
The annotation toolbar on the left side of the content viewer enables attendees to annotate files and whiteboards shared during a session.
To show or hide the annotation toolbar:
- Click Show/Hide at the top of the toolbar.
To enable or disable annotation privileges:
- Click Allow to Annotate, then select All Panelists or All Attendees.
Zoom and Full-screen Controls
Use the controls in the upper left corner of the content viewer to zoom in, zoom out, or show shared content in full-screen mode.
To zoom in or out:
- Click the plus or minus symbol. After zooming, click Fit Width next to the zoom controls to fit the shared content entirely with the content viewer.
To enter full-screen mode:
- Click the arrow in the upper right corner of the content viewer to display shared content in full-screen mode.
The shared content fills the screen. Event controls are available on the event control panel at the top of the screen.
To leave full screen mode:
- Click Return in the event control panel to leave full-screen mode and return to the Event window.