Polls are a valuable Event Center tool. They help you gather information about your attendees a the beginning of an event, check their involvement and interest during an event, and provide a way to solicit feedback at the end of an event.
You can re‐use polls from event to event, or you can create new ones each time. Polls can contain single-, multiple‐, and short‐answer questions, and you can save the results for future reference.
Learn about attendees
- Gather additional information about attendee demographics.
- Assess attendees' main area of interest.
- Elicit specifics about what attendees want to know.
Interact with attendees
- Check that attendees are engaged in the event.
- Pose questions about specific content in an event.
- Share information gathered from polls.
Ask attendees for input
- Check attendees’ understanding of concepts and ideas.
- Gather information about for content for future events.
- Conduct a satisfaction survey at the end of an event.
Create Polls in Advance
Creating polls in advance will give you an opportunity to test and fine-tune them before you use them in your event. If you download the WebEx Poll Questionnaire Editor, you can create and edit polls any time.
Downloading the poll questionnaire editor
1. Log in to your WebEx Event Center site.
2. In the left navigation panel, click Support, then click Downloads.
3. Locate WebEx Poll Questionnaire Editor, then click Download now. Your browser's file download message appears.
4. In the Open File dialog, click Run, then follow the prompts in the Installation Wizard.
5. When installation is complete, click Finish.
Using the poll questionnaire editor
To launch the poll editor, select Start > All Programs > WebEx > WebEx Poll Questionnaire Editor. The WebEx Poll Questionnaire Editor opens.
- To create a new poll, select a question type, choose from the drop-down menu, then click New.
Use Short Answer questions when you want attendees to expand on an idea or concept.
Use the Record individual responses option when you want to know how each attendee answers the question.
For more information about question types, poll editor features, and administering polls, see Event Center: Using the Polling Feature (WBS29.13, WBS30).
- To edit an existing poll click the Open icon, locate the poll you want to edit, then click Open.
- To save your changes to a poll, click the Save icon.
- To close the Poll Questionnaire Editor, click X in the upper right corner.
Note: Polls created with the poll editor can be used in Meeting Center and Training Center as well as Event Center.