Instructions to remove Webex Meetings software on a Mac
How do I uninstall Webex Meetings software on a Mac?
How do I manually remove Webex Meetings files and folders on a Mac?
In order to completely remove the Webex software from your Mac, you need to:
- Delete the Cisco Webex Meetings application using Finder:
- Go to Finder, then navigate to the Applications folder.
- Either drag the Cisco Webex Meetings app icon to Trash or right-click and select Move to Trash
- Remove all the Webex files and folders:
- Using the uninstaller tool:
- Download the Mac Cisco-Webex Uninstaller.
- Select Cisco_Webex_Meeting_Application_Uninstaller.dmg in your Downloads folder.
- In the Cisco Webex Meeting Application Uninstaller window, double-click Cisco Webex Meeting Application Uninstaller.
- Select Open to run the Cisco Webex Meeting Application Uninstaller.
- If you are prompted to close one or more applications, close them, and then select Try Again.
Note: If users are getting an error message 'Cisco Webex Removal tool can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer'. See the workaround below:
- Right-click on the Cisco_Webex_Meeting_Application_Uninstaller.dmg. (See Step 3 above)
- Click Open.
- Follow the instructions at the top of this article to complete the uninstall.
- Manually remove Webex files and folders:
- It is not necessary to run the Cisco Webex Mac Uninstaller and perform the manual removal steps.
- The information in the manual removal section is provided on a "perform at your own risk" basis and Webex is not responsible if the steps are not performed correctly.
- The Library folder is hidden by default. See the following article to show the Library folder: WBX58578 - How Do I Show the Library Folder on Mac OS?.
- Go to Mac HD > Users > User Account > Library > Application Support folder, then drag the Webex Folder to the trash.
- Go back to Mac HD > Users > User Account > Library > Internet-Plugins folder, then drag the Webex.plugin to the trash.
- Go to Mac HD > Users > User Account > Library > Preferences folder, then drag any files that have the word Webex in them to the trash.
- Go to Mac HD > Users > User Account > Library > Saved Application State folder, then drag any files that have the word Webex in them to the trash.
- Go to Mac HD > Applications > Utilities, then open Terminal.
- Type rm -rf .Webex, then press enter.
- Close the terminal window.
- Empty the trash.
If you will be reinstalling Webex software, restart your Mac before performing the Webex software installation.