How do I setup the DynaMetric Adapter for teleconference recording?
How do I record a teleconference meeting using the local recorder?
How do I record an audio conference using the .WRF recorder?
What is a DynaMetric box?
How do I configure a DynaMetric box?
How do I hook up a DynaMetric box to my computer?
MP4 Recordings Default in Webex Meetings 40.10
In the upcoming October (40.10) update, all-new recordings in Webex Meetings will be stored in MP4 format, either in the cloud or locally as selected at the site or host level, with a video-centric experience. By standardizing the recording format, you'll have a wider choice of playback tools, better security, and a more effortless collaboration experience even after your meetings. Existing ARF and WRF recordings can still be downloaded or played at the Webex site. For more information regarding video-centric recording, go to Video-Centric Network-Based MP4 Recordings in Webex Meetings and Webex Events.
To record a teleconference for a meeting, a connection must be made to the recording computer and a telephone using a telephone recording adapter. A telephone recording adapter connects the telephone to the computer's sound card and allows the computer to capture all audio in a teleconference. The following two phone recording adapters are from DynaMetric, Inc. and are known to be compatible with the Webex Recorder:
- Model TMP-636 - Record telephone and computer audio synchronized with your Webex conference recordings. Also allows you to play the audio portion of PowerPoint presentations or recorded Webex conferences over the phone so that the people on the phone can hear the audio within the presentations. (Recommended)
- Model TMP-636S - Same as TMP-636, except that the TMP-636S plays back the audio through either the telephone or external speakers using a switch on the TMP-636S.
- To purchase a DynaMetric phone recording adapter, please visit the following URL: http://www.dynametric.com
To connect the TMP-636 model adapter to your computer's sound card:
- Unplug headset (or handset) coil cord from the base of the telephone, and plug the short modular cord from TMP-636 in its place.
- Plug the headset coil cord into the modular jack on the TMP-636.
- Insert the 3.5mm GREEN plug on the long cord into the speaker or headphone jack on the sound card or recorder.
- Insert the 3.5mm PINK plug on the long cord into the MIC jack on the sound card or recorder.
To connect the TMP-636S model adapter to your computer's sound card:
- Unplug handset (or headset) coil cord from the base of the telephone, and plug the short modular cord from TMP-636S in its place.
- Plug the handset coil cord into the modular jack on the TMP-636S.
- Unplug the PC speaker or headphones from the sound card, and plug in the 3.5mm stereo plug on long GREEN cord from the TMP-636S in its place in the speaker or headphone jack on the sound card or tape recorder.
- Plug the 3.5mm mono plug on the long PINK cord from the TMP-636S into the MIC jack on the sound card or tape recorder.
- Plug the PC speakers or headphones into the jack on the TMP-636S.