How do I find the global dial-In number for my meeting?
What are the telephony dial-in numbers?
What are the international call-in numbers for the EMEA Bridge?
What is the toll-free number for my country?
How do I access a list of international dial in numbers available to my attendees?
- The call-in numbers for your meeting will vary depending on which teleconference option was selected and the Webex site your meeting is held on.
- To use the international teleconference numbers, your Webex site must be enabled for Global Call-In Numbers and the meeting must be set to use Global Call-In Numbers. Otherwise, only United States/Canada numbers will be available and international callers will receive a voice error message. See: WBX28758 - I Receive Error 4016 when Trying to Join the Teleconference
- To use toll-free numbers, that option must be enabled by the host when the meeting was scheduled.
Check your Email Invitation
- Under the section to join the audio conference, look for a link to access the Global call-in numbers.
Note: If this link does not appear, check with the meeting host to find out if they chose to 'Show global call-in numbers' when scheduling the meeting. If this option was not selected, you may only see U.S. and Canada dial-in numbers.
- Click the link to view the global call-in numbers.
To get the global call-in numbers when you join your meeting:
- An Audio and Video Connection prompt will appear when you join your meeting. Select I Will Call In in the drop-down.
- Click on the link for All global call-in numbers:
The 'global call-in numbers' will appear in a pop-up window.
If you do not see the Global Call-In option:
- Check with the host of the meeting. The meeting may not have been scheduled with the 'Show global call-in numbers' option. If so, only dial-in numbers for one country will appear.
- If you are the host, for help see: WBX27847 - How Do I Get International Phone Numbers Enabled for a Meeting?
- Check with the host of the meeting. The meeting may not have been scheduled with the Enable and display Toll-Free number option enabled. If so, only the toll numbers will work.
If your country is not listed:
Not every country has dial-in numbers. Also the available numbers vary depending on the telephony domain for the site.
- Try dialing the nearest country's toll number (Note that this will result in toll charges)
- Try connecting using the Call Using Computer option, and VoIP audio.
Be aware of the following:
- Calling a toll-free number from another country may incur toll charges.
- Neither Webex nor the host is responsible for any phone or toll charges incurred while using the teleconference service.
- If the site uses a United States telephony domain, the US numbers will not be displayed on the global call-in list. Sites that use the United Kingdom telephony domain will not display the UK numbers on the global call-in list. Refer to your email invitation for the US/UK dial-in information. This number will also be displayed after joining into the Webex meeting.
- If your meeting uses 3rd party teleconferencing (non-Webex), you will need to contact the host or the support for the other teleconference service for help with dial-in numbers.