Which Proxy Server Platforms are Compatible with Webex?
Which proxy server platforms are compatible with Webex?
Does Cisco Webex work with ISA Server 2004?
Is Cisco Webex compatible with Squid?
What proxies have been tested for use with Webex?
What proxy server platforms are recommended for use with Webex?
The following proxy servers have been tested for use with Cisco Webex services:
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004: Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 is the advanced application-layer firewall, virtual private network (VPN), and Web-cache solution that enables you to easily maximize existing IT investments by improving network security and performance.
A robust Proxy/Aggregator product, fully featured
Includes built-in logging, VPN, integration into AD, Network Array and full NLB support, and ISA Server can be used to pre-authenticate web clients so that traffic from unauthenticated clients to published servers is not allowed.
Per-CPU licensing on-server.
Limited to Microsoft Server Enterprise 2003 or newer (2008r2 is recommended by engineering for use with Webex in most situations.)
- Squid: Squid is a caching proxy for the Web supporting HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and more. It reduces bandwidth and improves response times by caching and reusing frequently-requested web pages. Squid has extensive access controls and makes a great server accelerator. It runs on most available operating systems, including Windows and is licensed under the GNU GPL.
Open Source licensing (free, but also limited support)
Limited features compared to ISA, but still very robust for HTTP 1.0/1.1
Support for multiple server platforms.
- ISA2004 -- NTLM
- Bluecoat -- Basic Authentication
- Squid-- Basic Authentication
- Squid -- No Authentication
- Squid -- Basic Authentication
- Squid -- Digest Authentication
- Squid -- NTLM Authentication (we support Zydeco for a special NTLM authentication)