How Do I Verify if ActiveX is Enabled or Installed in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Windows?
How do I verify if ActiveX is enabled or installed?
How can I tell if I have ActiveX?
Is ActiveX enabled on my machine?
To verify if ActiveX is enabled:
- Go to http://www.cyscape.com/showbrow.aspx (Note that this is an external site not affiliated with Webex).
- Results of Test:
- If you see the current date and time displayed, ActiveX and scripting are working properly.
- If, instead of the time, you see a box with a small x in it, either:
- ActiveX is not supported: Use Internet Explorer to view the site.
- ActiveX is not enabled: See these instructions to enable ActiveX.
- You didn't accept the certificate: You must click Yes on the security certificate to load the ActiveX control.
- You are using an ad blocker, popup stopper, or firewall that blocks ActiveX: Disable these utilities to see if they are the cause.
- Your system has spyware installed or a virus that interferes with ActiveX: Scan for spyware with a product like Pest Patrol or Panda, available in our store.
- If you see a blank space, ActiveX is probably working properly, but not scripting. Check your security settings for scripting.
- If you see the message ActiveX is not supported, then your browser doesn't recognize ActiveX at all.
- When you think you've corrected any problem you are having with this, simply refresh the page [press F5] to try again.
Was this article helpful?