How do I play music for event participants while panelists are in a practice session?
How do I make an audio announcement to participants while an Event is under a Practice Session?
Is there an option to play hold music while panelists are in a Practice Session during an Event?
The Webex Events service does not have any original capabilities to play music during a Practice Session.
Using an audio loopback tool:
- Access to a softphone installed on your computer. For example, a Cisco Jabber softphone.
- An audio loopback tool (VB Audio Driver or Loopback)
- A music player with music you have the right to play to your audience.
To play music in your events:
- Start your Webex event, then connect to the event audio using the softphone installed on your computer.
- Select the audio loopback tool in the softphone options for microphone.
- Play the audio using a music player.
The softphone should now appear as a participant in your event. To start/stop the music at any time, mute/unmute the user, or stop playing the music using your music player.
Using a DynaMetric Box:
- Set up a Panelist computer and phone with the DynaMetric box. This can be the same computer that you use to record the session in a WRF format, if desired.
- When setting up the DynaMetric box, make sure that the appropriate cord is plugged into the headset jack of the computer.
- To setup a Dynametric Box.
- Dial into the conference using your phone, without entering the Attendee ID. (Just enter # when prompted, this will place you in the Sub-conference where all participants are waiting)
- Unmute this line and it will be used to play the hold music.
- The Panelist launches Windows Media Player and starts the appropriate play list. This will push the music back into the integrated teleconference for all attendees to hear.
- To join Practice Session conference as a Panelist, use a second phone line to dial into the conference by entering your Attendee ID that appears on your screen.