How Do I Capture the HTTP Log on a Mac Using Fiddler?
How do I capture the HTTP log on a Mac using Fiddler?
How do I set up Fiddler to capture logs on a Mac?
To capture HTTP logs on Mac using Fiddler:
- Download Fiddler for Mac at https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler-everywhere
- Drag the Progress Telerik Fiddler DMG file to the Applications folder.
- Open the Progress Telerik Fiddler app from the Applications folder, then authenticate either using your Touch ID, or your password.
- Note: Authentication is required as Fiddler is installed as a proxy server on your Mac, and it makes changes to the proxy settings. The changes to the proxy settings revert once you close the Fiddle application.
- Go to Settings > HTTPS, then enable Decrypt HTTPS traffic.
- Go to your desktop, then click on FiddlerRootCertificate.crt.
- In Keychain Access, click on DO_NOT_TRUST_FiddlerRoot certificate to open the Trust dialog
- Choose Always Trust in the When using this certiciate drop-down menu.
- Restart the Fiddler app and ensure there is a Capturing... button at the bottom left of the window.
- Replicate the issue, then go to File > Save archive > All sessions to save the log file.
Was this article helpful?