What is the difference between .MP4, .ARF and .WRF recording files?
What is the difference between standalone recording and Network-Based Recording?
What is the default format for Webex recordings?
What are the Webex recording file types?
What types of files can be downloaded in My Recordings?
MP4 Recordings Default in Webex Meetings 40.10
In the upcoming October (40.10) update, all-new recordings in Webex Meetings will be stored in MP4 format, either in the cloud or locally as selected at the site or host level, with a video-centric experience. By standardizing the recording format, you'll have a wider choice of playback tools, better security, and a more effortless collaboration experience even after your meetings. Existing ARF and WRF recordings can still be downloaded or played at the Webex site. For more information regarding video-centric recording, go to Video-Centric Network-Based MP4 Recordings in Webex Meetings and Webex Events.
There are three types of files for Webex recordings:
- Newest recording format
- Highest quality audio and video
- Supported in Cisco Webex Meetings (WMS33.6 and later) and Events (WMS33.6 and later)
- Can be played on any device that supports .MP4 playback including mobile devices
- Can be edited in 3rd-party editors
- Network-Based Recordings (NBR) - .ARF files
- Generally higher quality video and audio than .WRF format
- Most widely used and the default format in most meetings
- Only created inside a Webex meeting, session or event
- Records desktop, application share, and any other meeting content
- Files cannot be directly edited but, start and end of playback can be truncated
- Local or Standalone Recordings - .WRF files
- Older format with fewer audio options
- Generally lower quality audio and video than .ARF format
- Files can be created outside of a meeting by any user with the Webex Recorder
- Records a single application
- May be edited using the Webex Recording Editor for .WRF files
A detailed feature comparison of the older two formats is listed below:
|How is it created?||Can only be made by a meeting|
host from within an online meeting
using the Record on Server option.
|Can be made from the standalone Webex|
Recorder outside of a meeting,
or in meetings using the
Record on My Computer option.
|Where is the recording file|
stored or saved?
|Saved to your Webex site under|
your host account's My Recordings.
Saved to your local computer
|Audio/Teleconference options||Teleconference or VoIP conference may be captured without having to use a phone recording adapter.||
Phone conference can only be captured by using a phone
An integrated VoIP conference
|How is the file played?||Network-Recording Player.||Webex Player.|
|Can the recording be edited?||No, but the beginning or end of|
recordings can be truncated or cut
using the Partial Playback settings.
|Yes, but only from a|
Windows PC using the
|File conversion options||On Windows computers, files can be|
converted to .WMV, .SWF, or .MP4
|May be converted to .WMV|
format using a Windows PC
with Windows Media Player
9.0 or higher installed.