X.509 certificate data can be found in the metadata XML file. This is the value within the ds:X509Certificate
How do I get an X.509 certificate for single sign-on (SSO)?
How do I generate an X.509 .CER file for SSO?
What is the process to generate an X.509 certificate?
Where can I find my X.509 certificate information?
X.509 certificate data can be found in the metadata XML file. This is the value within the ds:X509Certificate tag.
To generate an X.509 certificate manually:
- Log in to the Cisco Webex Messenger Administration Tool. (https://www.Webex.com/go/connectadmin)
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Click the Security Settings link on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click Webex Certificate Management.
The Webex Certificate Management dialog box appears, displaying previously generated Cisco Webex certificates:
- To generate a new certificate, click Generate New Certificate. New certificates are typically generated when an existing certificate is about to expire.
- In the Webex Certificate Management dialog box, enter the following information:
Field Description Alias An alias that identifies the Webex Certificate. Val The number of days the Webex Certificate is valid. A Webex Certificate is valid for
a minimum of 90 days and maximum of 3652 days.
- Click the link for a certificate alias to view the complete details of the generated certificate.
- In the generated certificate screen, click:
- Remove: to delete the certificate. Active certificates cannot be removed.
- Export: to export the certificate as a .CER file to your computer.
- Click Close to return to the Webex Certificate Management screen.
- Select the Active option to apply this (newly-generated) Webex Certificate as the active certificate for single sign-on related authentication purposes.
- Click Save to save your Webex Certificate changes and return to the SSO Related Options screen.