Error: 'Unable To Access Policy Settings' when Using Cisco Jabber
Error: 'Unable To Access Policy Settings' when using Cisco Jabber.
IM recipient receives error: 'Unable to access policy settings. Most secure policy settings are in effect.
Login to WAPI server is also in effect.'Error: 'Auto Response - Your contact is unable to join this IM session.
This contact's company policy restricts this type of connection.' when sending an instant message.
This is caused when the web browser is set to check for a specific proxy rather than using the AutoDetect or Direct Connection setting.
Select the browser
To resolve this issue if it occurs in Cisco Jabber:
- Click the Tools menu, then select Internet Options.
- Click the Connections tab.
- Click the LAN Settings... button.
- In the Proxy server section, make sure that Use a proxy server for your LAN is not checked.
- Click OK all the way ou.
- Click the Tools menu, then select Options.
- Click the Advanced icon.
- Click the Network tab.
- In the Connection section, click the Settings... button.
- Select either No Proxy or Auto-detect proxy settings for this network.
- Click OK all the way out.