How Do I Enable ActiveX Controls in Internet Explorer?
How do I enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer?
How do I confirm that ActiveX controls are enabled in Internet Explorer?
To enable ActiveX controls:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools icon in the upper-right, and select Internet Options.
- Note: If the Tools menu is not visible, click the Alt + T keys on your keyboard.
- Select the Security Tab.
- Click on Custom Level.
- Under ActiveX Controls and plug-ins, enable each option except for Download unsigned ActiveX controls and the option for Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe.
- The sixth security setting for Cookies should also be enabled.
- Click OK.
- All browser windows must be closed and reopened for changes to take effect.
To confirm that ActiveX controls are enabled:
- Click on the Tools icon, and select Add-ons...
- In the Show drop-down menu select: All Add-ons.
- Search the list for the The Webex ActiveX control. The ActiveX control is named GpcContainer class.
Was this article helpful?