How Do I Push the Webex Extension for Google Chrome to all my Users via Group Policy?
How do I push the Webex Extension for Google Chrome to all my users via group policy?
How can I do a mass deployment of the Webex Extension for Google Chrome?
Follow the steps below to push the Webex extension via Group Policy:
- Download the applicable policy templates from Google’s website at: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/187202?hl=en
- Go to the Start menu, then select Run.
- Note: If you do not see the Run option, press the Start + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog window.
- In the Run dialog, type gpedit.msc and then press OK.
The 'Group Policy Editor' window appears.
- Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates.
- Right-click on the Administrative Templates folder, then select Add/Remove Templates.
- In the dialog window, navigate to and select chrome.adm.
Once complete, a Google / Google Chrome folder will appear under Administrative Templates if it's not already there. If you added the ADM template on Windows 7 or 8/8.1, it will appear under Classic Administrative Templates > Google > Google Chrome.
- After finding the Google Chrome folder, open Google > Google Chrome > Extensions > Configure the list of force-installed extensions.
The 'Configure the list of force-installed extensions' window appears.
- Select the Enabled radio button on the upper left of the window.
- Click the Show button.
The 'Show Contents' dialog appears.
- Add the following value: jlhmfgmfgeifomenelglieieghnjghma;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
- Click the OK button, then click Apply.
When the end user joins a Webex meeting they will join the meeting without any interaction unless they do not have at least these versions of Webex Application installed, in which case they will need to install the Webex application (no Admin rights required, however if they try to upload a file besides a PPT they will be required to install the Webex print driver which does require admin rights).
Refer to the following Knowledge Base article to check your site version: Finding Your Webex Version Number
Was this article helpful?