In a meeting, anyone can start a whiteboard and begin two-way collaboration across some video system devices and Webex App participants, on an infinite canvas.
Cisco Webex Board Series and Cisco Webex Desk Series devices support this feature. Cisco Webex DX Series devices aren’t supported. When a whiteboard is shared by another participant in a meeting, the DX device receives a one-way, noninteractive view of the whiteboard. However, it’s still possible to create whiteboards with fewer tools with the Cisco Webex DX Series devices, and share them in meetings. See Use the whiteboard on Cisco Webex Desk Series devices.
This feature requires Webex Meetings version 42.10 or later. To find out which version you're using, see Find your Webex Meetings version number.
To share and annotate documents in a meeting, see Annotate in Webex meetings, webinars, events, and training sessions.
Click More options and then select Start a new whiteboard.
Get creative and use these tools to put your ideas on the whiteboard.
When a whiteboard is open in a meeting:
- Pointer/Selector tool—click the mouse button on an area on the whiteboard, and drag the mouse to select items on the whiteboard. When you select the items, you can choose from the following actions: bring to front, send to back, copy, paste, duplicate, and delete.
- Drag/Move—hold and drag the mouse button to move items around the whiteboard canvas.
- Pen tool—hold and drag the mouse button to draw a line with the pen. Double click on the tool to change the thickness and color of the pen.
- Magic pen—when you select the pen, click the magic pen to make lines or shapes you add with the pen tool automatically smoother and straighter.
- Eraser—hold and drag the mouse button to erase any annotation on the whiteboard.
- Stickies—when selected, click on the area you want to add sticky notes. Drag the note to the place you want, and select the color of the sticky note. Click the + button to add another sticky note.
- Text—when selected, click on the area you want to add text. You can select the color, format, align, and choose the size of the text from these choices: small, medium, large, x-large.
- Shapes—select a shape from the following: circle, square and diamond. When selected, drag the shape to the area you want to add the shape, and resize. You can fill the shape with color. When you right-click the shape, you can choose from the following actions: bring to front, send to back, copy, paste, duplicate, and delete.
Whiteboard controls allow participants to edit, close, redo and undo whiteboard changes, and navigate the infinite whiteboard in a minimap.
When you start a new whiteboard in a meeting:
- Edit whiteboard—click to edit an open whiteboard.
If you don't see this option, it's still possible to edit the whiteboard.
- Undo—click to undo changes made to the whiteboard.
- Redo—click to redo changes made to the whiteboard.
- Save—click to save the whiteboard to a local file. See Save a whiteboard in a meeting for more information.
- Close for all—stops sharing the whiteboard in the meeting.
This control is only available for participants who started the whiteboard, the host or cohost of the meeting.
You can also use keyboard shortcuts to zoom in and out of the whiteboard area:
In the minimap located at the bottom right of the whiteboard:
- Hide—hides the minimap view. Click again to reopen the minimap.
- Zoom to overview—zoom to the width of the area where participants are making edits.
- Zoom in/out—controls the view of the entire whiteboard area.