How do I use the search filter on the Service upgrades and Scheduled Maintenances calendar?
How do I use the search option on status.webex.com?
What are the different types of Service Upgrades and Scheduled Maintenances on the Webex Calendar?
Locate your site’s cluster:
|San Jose||AC, AW, B, E, F, IB, IE, IJ, S, U|
|Texas||IA, J, L, M, R|
|London||AI, BI, I, W|
Types of Service Upgrades and Scheduled Maintenances:
|Upgrade||A cluster upgrade involves a new client and page deployment. The upgrade will include new features.||Monthly|
|Informational||Informational updates will typically include end-of-life notifications, IP address additions, telephony expansions, or feature enhancements that are deployed later in the upgrade release cycle.||As needed|
|Maintenance||Maintenance conducted on Webex services that will involve end user impact during the duration of the change window.||As needed|
|XML API||This type of upgrade is specific for XML API services. The upgrade will target features and functionality related to Webex APIs.||Monthly|
|Product Update||A product update is deployed to address a defect or enhancement after a cluster upgrade.||As needed|
|Slow Channel||This type of release will only affect clusters/sites on the Slow Channel build.||Monthly|
To use the search filter on the calendar:
- Navigate to https://status.webex.com/maintenance.
- In the upper-right corner, click on the Search button.
- Select your query based on the Type, Data Center Location, or Cluster, and then click Search.
Note: If you know your site’s cluster, you can also type it in the Cluster field.
- The results will appear based on your query.
- To clear the existing query, click X in the Cluster or Type field, then update the query and click Search.