How Do I Obtain the Webex X.509 Certificate to Use with SAML?
How do I obtain the Webex X.509 certificate to use with SAML?
How do I obtain a certificate for SSO (Single Sign-On)?
How can I download the X.509 certificate for my Webex site?
How do I get a Webex certificate to use with Single Sign-On?
Why do I need a Webex X.509 certificate?
- You will need the Webex X.509 certificate in order to validate the AuthnRequest signature.
- You will need the Webex X.509 certificate in order to encrypt your assertion.
To obtain the Webex X.509 certificate to use with SAML:
- Log in to your Cisco Webex Meetings Site Administration page. (Example: SITENAME.Webex.com/admin.php)
- Click on Configuration in the left panel.
- Hover your mouse over Common Site Settings, then click on SSO Configuration.
The SSO Configuration window appear
Note: The SSO Configuration link will only appear if SSO has been enabled for your site. If the SSO Configuration link is missing, contact Cisco Support, for further assistance, see: WBX15 – How Do I Get Help With Webex?
- Click on the Export button listed next to You can export a SAML metadata Webex SP configuration file.
- Save the Webex_SP_saml2_metadata.xml file.
- Contact your identity management system help desk for help to import the Webex_SP_saml2_metadata.xml file. This should automatically import the Webex Certificate.
To manually import the certificate:
- Open the Webex_SP_saml2_metadata.xml file in any text editor.
- Search for the XML tag:
- Copy all of the data between the two tags.
- Open a new text document.
- On the first line, type -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----.
- On the second line, paste the data you copied from step 3 above.
- On the third line, type -----END CERTIFICATE-----.
Note: The above are 5 dash characters and no spaces.
- Save the file as Webex.crt.
- Import this into your identity management system, or contact your identity management system help desk for additional support on importing this certificate.
Was this article helpful?