What is CDN?
Does CDN have GSB support?
What are the benefits of CDN?
What are the limitations of CDN?
What is Akamai?
CDN stands for Content Delivery Network. This feature provides access to edge servers near your location for faster static content download. CDN enables faster download of the meeting client binary to the attendee or host computer.
Benefits of CDN
- Shorter network latency.
- Faster download speed.
- Completely transparent to the user.
- No functionality change in the join meeting process.
- Cache for static object.
- GSB also includes support for CDN.
Limitations of CDN
- Networks using IP filtering to specifically allow access only to Webex IP addresses must not have CDN enabled.
- Akamai IP addresses are unknown and may change without notice.