Unable to Launch the Webex Meeting from WeChat, Slack, Skype and Webex App on iOS
Unable to launch the Webex Meeting from WeChat, Slack, Skype and Webex App on iOS.
Unable to cross launch the Webex meeting using meeting link in WeChat app, getting blank white page.
Problem joining a meeting from third party applications: Wechat, Slack, Skype, QQ, MS Team on iOS.
The settings in the application and browser on the iOS device have a conflict while launching a Webex meeting. Webex Engineering is aware of this issue.
Use the following workaround to launch the meeting from the app:
- From within a channel in the Slack iOS app, select the dots menu in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Select Advanced > Web Browser.
- Change to Safari.
- Open Skype iOS app, select the Profile picture.
- Select Settings > Messaging.
- Turn Off ' Web links open in Skype':
- Open Webex iOS App, select the Profile Picture.
- Select Advanced.
- Turn ON ' Open Web Links in Safari':
WeChat and other third party apps:
If you experience an issue cross launching a meeting, copy paste the join meeting link in to the Safari browser on your iOS device.