iOS - Error: 'The meeting was scheduled through a Webex service that is not yet supported on your mobile device'
Personal Conference meeting attendees are unable to join into the audio conference on an iPhone using the Webex app.
Attendees are unable to join into the teleconference of a Personal Conference meeting on their mobile device.
Error: 'Cannot join meeting. The meeting was scheduled through a Webex service that is not yet supported on your mobile device'
Error: 'Cannot join the meeting. The meeting is not started yet'
The issue may also occur if you try to join a meeting on a Webex site that does not support your mobile device.
This issue may occur when users on mobile devices try to join a Personal Conference meeting, which is not supported:
The Cisco Webex Meetings Mobile Application still considers the Escalated Personal Conferencing Web Meeting to be an audio only meeting, which is not supported on mobile devices. This issue affects all Cisco Webex Meetings mobile clients - iOS, Android, and Windows.
Joining of Personal Conference meetings, including those escalated to an online meeting, is only possible through supported computers.
See the workarounds for joining from an iPhone below:
- If available, use the Connect Using Internet option to join the audio conference.
- Call into the meeting manually:
- Tap the button at the bottom-right corner of the Cisco Webex Meetings app.
- Enter the phone number displayed in the Call-in Instructions section.
Note: Tapping on the phone number will not work, as there are problems joining from mobile phones using that method.
- If available, tap the Show global call-in numbers to view a list of global numbers that can be dialed.
- Enter the access code when prompted.
You will be placed into the teleconference. Note that the active speaker feature will not function if you have dialed into the teleconference manually.