What is the maximum number of participants in a Webex session or call?
What is the minimum number of participants in a Cisco Webex Video call?
How many participants can join an event using a video device?
How many participants can receive video in an event?
- If the session type in Site Admin has a number after the session (Example: Webex Meetings 25), then the number indicates the attendee capacity. If this number is exceeded, either additional participants may not be allowed to attend the meeting or overage charges will apply.
- When the participant audio capacity has been reached, attendees will hear the following error when joining the teleconference: 'System error 4004: The conference you are attempting to join is full.'
- If an attendee does not use the attendee ID to join the audio conference of a Webex meeting, the attendee will be counted as two participants.
- If a meeting scheduled as an audio only conference is escalated to an online Webex meeting, the number of participants who can join the online meeting is limited to 25. For details, see: WBX79050 - Error: Meeting you are trying to join is limited to 25 participants and no more participants can join the meeting'
Your Webex site may be configured to allow fewer attendees than the maximum capacities listed in this article. Your Webex site may or may not be configured to allow attendee overage.
Overage charges vary depending on which service model you are on. The actual amount of Users/Ports available to you will be based on your original service agreement.The maximum numbers of participants in each service are as follows:
*Participant includes the host, presenters, and panelists.
In- meeting video device:
|Video Device Capacity|
|Service||Video Platform 1||Video Platform 2|
|Webex Events||NA||200 (Host / Presenter / Panelist only)|
- Video device capacity counts towards the in-meeting participant cap. For example, if your Webex Meetings site is configured to allow 1,000 participants and 200 video devices join, 800 participants will be able to join via PC/Mobile/Teleconference.
- Only the first 1000 Event participants can receive participant video. (Example: when turning on a webcam (or a video device) as a panelist, only the first 1000 participants can view it.).
- This applies to Cisco Webex Events that have up to 3000 participants.
- Grid view is limited to showing a maximum of 6 video endpoint video streams simultaneously at any given time, with a total of video streams of 25.
Note: * Beginning with WBS 39.6, Cisco Webex Meetings, Webex Events, and Webex Training support up to a maximum of 1000 Webex Teleconference participants.
|Audio Type||WBS 39.5||WBS 39.6 and later|
|Personal Conference Meeting (PCN)||500 audio-only participants||500 audio-only participants|
|Hybrid Audio - VoIP||1000 / 3000* Webex Events only|
|Hybrid Audio - Teleconference||500||1000|
|Service||WBS 39.5 and later|
You may have a total of 1000 participants with Webex Audio (Hybrid Audio), including both VOIP and Teleconference users.
- VoIP only capacity, see: WBX21618 - What are the Recommended Best Practices for Using VoIP?
- Audio Broadcast capacity, see: Audio Broadcast
|Webex Service Type||Capacity|
|Webex Free Offer||100|
*Up to 100 Breakout sessions
*Up to 100 participants per Breakout
*Note: The total number of participants cannot exceed 1000.
To obtain specific information regarding your company's services, contact your Customer Success Manager. For help, see article: WBX15 - How Do I Contact My Customer Success Manager (CSM)?