Prompted for Username and Password when Joining a Webex Meeting
Prompted for username and password when joining a Webex meeting.
Attendee is being prompted for host login when clicking link to join the meeting in progress.
Link to meeting asks for host login information.
Asked to login when trying to join a meeting.
This issue may occur for the following reasons:
- The meeting host may have accidentally forwarded the (host's) meeting confirmation email instead of the attendee invitation. The attendee invitation email contains different information and a separate link to the meeting.
- The link in the email may have been cut short or truncated due to word wrapping making the link invalid.
Follow the steps below to join meeting:
- Navigate your browser directly to the site that the meeting is being hosted on. (Example: https://SITENAME.webex.com)
- Locate the appropriate meeting on the Browse Meetings page.
- If the meeting is in progress, click the Join link on the far right to join the meeting.
- Enter your name, email address and password, then click the Join button.
If you are unable to locate the meeting you need to attend and you have the meeting, session or event number, see:
If you are unable to join after following steps above, see the following bullet points for further options:
- If you are not able to locate the appropriate meeting site. You will need to locate the email invitation that was sent to you when the host scheduled the meeting.
- If you were not on the original attendee list, the host will need to add you in order to make the server send you the appropriate invitation email.
- Other attendees can also forward you their invitation email to enable you to attend the session.
Note: A forwarded invitation will not allow you to join if registration ID's are used with the session or event.
Was this article helpful?