Generate a Wireshark Log with Microsoft Windows
Wireshark is a network protocol analyzer that can assist with troubleshooting Webex issues. Continue reading to learn how to capture Wireshark logs.
Follow these steps to generate a Wireshark log:
- Download and install the current stable release of Wireshark.
- Click the Start button, then right-click on Wireshark.
- Click More, then select Run as administrator.
- Select Yes on the User Account Control prompt.
The Wireshark Network Connection window appears:
- Go to the Capture menu, then select Options...:
- Click to select the network adapter you use to connect to the internet, and then click on the Start button:
- Duplicate the issue you are experiencing.
- In the Wireshark window, go to Capture and then click Stop.
- Go to the File menu, then choose Save.
- Select a location to save the file to, enter a filename, then click the Save button.
Was this article helpful?