Get useful troubleshooting information for Cisco Webex Record and Playback. Search our Collaboration Help Portal for other helpful content.
Record and Playback Help
MP4 Recordings Default in Webex Meetings 40.10
In the upcoming October (40.10) update, all-new recordings in Webex Meetings will be stored in MP4 format, either in the cloud or locally as selected at the site or host level, with a video-centric experience. By standardizing the recording format, you'll have a wider choice of playback tools, better security, and a more effortless collaboration experience even after your meetings. Existing ARF and WRF recordings can still be downloaded or played at the Webex site. For more information regarding video-centric recording, go to Video-Centric Network-Based MP4 Recordings in Webex Meetings and Webex Events.
Classic View Deprecation for Meetings
Starting with the September 2020 (40.9) update, we will be deprecating our Classic View portal for all Webex Meetings capabilities. Customers will continue to have access to the Webex Events (Classic) and Webex Training capabilities; however, they will no longer be able to access their Webex Meetings-specific functions through the Classic View interface. See details for What's Supported in Modern View.
Upload Recordings and Disable Recording Downloads Support
- Modern View users will now have access to the upload recording functionality directly from the Recordings page.
- The “I will provide URL” and “Use a file that is already on the Webex network” are no longer supported for adding a recording in Modern View. When playback an uploaded recording, playback speed adjustment, edit playback range, and transcription aren’t supported.
- Modern View users will also be able to enable or disable a "prevent recording download" option from their Modern View Recordings page.
For general usability questions related to Record and Playback, see the the following article, select the meeting service you are using (Meetings, Events, Trainings), then scroll down to the section for recording:
Network Based Recording
- WBX48625 - No Sound when Playing Back a Network-Based Recording (NBR)
- WBX75780 - Error: 'General Error Occurred in File Operation' When Trying to Playback Network-Based Recordings (NBR) File
- WBX61722 - Error: 'Unknown file format. You may update your Network Recording Player and try again.'
- WBX37176 - Playback Control Section is Missing from the Network-Based Recording Properties Page
- WBX57354 - NBR Recording Freezes/Hangs at Buffering During Playback
- WBX87936 - TelePresence Video is not Captured in Meeting Center Video Conferencing and CMR Hybrid Meeting Recordings
- WBX5661 - The Local Recorder (.WRF) is not Recording Computer Audio
- WBX614 - Unable to Play Streamed WRF File
Converting a Recording
- WBX56022 - Prompted to Enter URL, Account Name and Password when Converting an NBR to .MP4 Format
- WBX53556 - A Green Bar is Displayed at the Bottom of a Converted Recording
- WBX36306 - Embedded Video is Missing or Showing a Black Screen after being Converted from .ARF to .WMV
- WBX72961 - Error: 'You have no recording storage allocation. Contact your site administrator to increase the storage allocation.'
- WBX40278 - Event Recording Access Report Displays Anonymous Viewers
- WBX35982 - Unable to Delete a Network-Based Recording File
- WBX1203 - I'm Unable to Upload a Recording to My Recordings
- WBX000029032 - I Can't Find the Recording for My Meeting