Troubleshooting help for the Cisco Webex toolbar from Webex Desktop App not appearing in Microsoft Outlook 2010
The Webex toolbar is not appearing in Microsoft Outlook 2010.
How do I enable the Webex Desktop App add-in in Outlook 2010?
The Outlook toolbar is missing in Outlook 2010.
I cannot find the Webex Desktop App toolbar in Outlook 2010.
This article applies to Cisco Webex Productivity Tools in Webex Business Suite (WBS) 33.1 and earlier. In WBS 33.2 and later, Productivity Tools is integrated in to the Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App. For info, see: https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/ojsyry
Note: Depending on what version of Webex you are viewing, some of the terms in this article may be replaced by "Cisco Webex Desktop App" or "Webex Integration." For Outlook 2016 users, please see the following article: The Webex Toolbar is Not Appearing in Microsoft Outlook 2016
To resolve the issue:
- Open Outlook, click the File tab, then choose Options.
- Click the Add-Ins button.
- In the Manage drop-down menu, choose Disabled Items, then click Go....
- Highlight the entry for Productivity Tools and click the Enable button.
Note: If Productivity Tools does not appear under Disabled Items, refer to the alternate fix below.
- Exit and restart Outlook.
Once Outlook has restarted, the Webex toolbar should be visible.
If Productivity Tools does not appear under Disabled Items:
- Check Webex Settings:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Webex > Productivity Tools > Preferences.
- Click on the 'Meet Now' Settings tab.
- Make sure all the info is filled in.
- Check the Scheduled Meetings tab make sure the Meeting password is filled in if it's a required field.
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Uncheck Microsoft Outlook, click on Apply.
- Check Microsoft Outlook, then click Apply and OK.
Note: This toggles Outlook Integration and refreshes the link between Productivity Tools and Outlook. This is an important step.
- Restart Outlook 2010.
If the Webex toolbar still does not appear, try the following steps.
- Try uninstalling and re-installing the Webex Productivity Tools, then restart Outlook.
If the issue persists, contact technical support. For help, see: WBX162 - How Do I Contact Webex Customer Services or Technical Support?
Note: You must enter your Webex account credentials in Productivity Tools for the toolbar to display in Outlook.