Broken Screen When Attendee is Sharing Desktop
Broken screen when attendee is sharing desktop.
Fix Webex screen tearing.
How to fix broken screen when desktop is shared in a meeting?
Some users with an NVIDIA graphics card may experience screen tearing within their Webex window. The results are torn incoming camera feeds and a torn self-view preview when your camera is set to mirror its image (see example below).
To fix this, follow the steps below:
- Close the Webex app.
- Locate the caret on the right side of the Task Bar. Click on this caret to open the menu. Right-click on the NVIDIA icon.
- In the left menu, click on Manage 3D Settings (see image below for the following steps).
- Click on Program Settings. The list will take a few seconds to populate.
- Click on Add to add the Webex app executable to the list. In the Add menu, sort by Recently Used. Chose "Cisco Webex Service" and then click Add Selected Program.
- The pop-up will close and you will now be shown the application features that you can alter.
- In the box labeled Specify the settings for this program, follow down the left column until you find the Feature called Antialiasing - Mode.
- In the Antialiasing - Mode row of the table, move to the next column, and click on the text. The text will likely have the default setting and read Use global setting.
- Choose Off from the list.
- Click Apply in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Open the Webex app and check that the problem has been resolved.
- If you forgot the close the application before beginning, close Webex and reopen it to have the altered settings applied.
- If the problem persists, please reach out to email@example.com.
Was this article helpful?