The password fields are grayed out on the Edit User page in Site Administration.
The password field is not available when attempting to change a host password in Site administration.
I cannot change a host's password in site administration.
The host has not changed their password within the 3 day time limit and the password field is grey in host account on Site Admin page.
Password is not editable in host account on Site Admin page.
For sites with Webex and Webex Meetings, user accounts are managed through Cisco Webex Control Hub admin, at https://admin.cisco.com not Webex site admin. Only standalone Webex sites without the Webex app have user management through Webex site admin.
This issue is caused when the Reset password option was previously checked for the affected host account. (The Reset password option will appear unchecked the next time the host account is accessed.)
Site Administrators only
To resolve the issue:
- Log in to the Webex Site Administration page.
- Click User Management in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Edit User link.
- Type your search criteria into the User name: or Email: field, then click the Search button.
- Click on the name of the user that needs to change their password.
- Scroll down the page, then under the Privileges section, check the Reset password box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
The host will receive an email with steps to reset their account password.