The local recorder (.WRF) is not recording computer audio.
Audio cannot be heard on a recorded file.
I cannot hear audio in a .WRF recording.
My meeting recording doesn't have any sound.
Recorded file has no sound.
MP4 Recordings Default in Webex Meetings 40.10
In the upcoming October (40.10) update, all-new recordings in Webex Meetings will be stored in MP4 format, either in the cloud or locally as selected at the site or host level, with a video-centric experience. By standardizing the recording format, you'll have a wider choice of playback tools, better security, and a more effortless collaboration experience even after your meetings. Existing ARF and WRF recordings can still be downloaded or played at the Webex site. For more information regarding video-centric recording, go to Video-Centric Network-Based MP4 Recordings in Webex Meetings and Webex Events.
Your .WRF recordings may not contain the meeting audio if the microphone is not working properly.
Steps below to diagnose the issue:
- Click the to stop recording.
- Click the button and verify you can hear audio.
- Confirm your microphone is working properly:
- Go to the Start menu.
- In the Search programs and files or Start Search field, type Sound.
- Click the Sound entry.
- Go to the Recording tab.
- Talk into your microphone. You will see a green bar moving up and down if your microphone is working properly.