Use this article for no sound when playing NBR
No sound when playing back a Network-Based Recording (NBR).
Sound plays in other Windows applications but no sound is heard in the Network Recording Player.
No audio when playing back an .ARF recording.
I'm unable to hear audio while playing the NBR.
Troubleshooting missing audio in NBR file playback
MP4 Recordings Default in Webex Meetings 40.10
In the upcoming October (40.10) update, all-new recordings in Webex Meetings will be stored in MP4 format, either in the cloud or locally as selected at the site or host level, with a video-centric experience. By standardizing the recording format, you'll have a wider choice of playback tools, better security, and a more effortless collaboration experience even after your meetings. Existing ARF and WRF recordings can still be downloaded or played at the Webex site. For more information regarding video-centric recording, go to Video-Centric Network-Based MP4 Recordings in Webex Meetings and Webex Events.
To troubleshoot the issue:
- Single left-click the speaker icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen (System Tray), then select Open Volume Mixer.
- Click and drag the volume slider up or down slightly and release the mouse to verify sound is working on your computer.
- Note: If no sound is heard, contact your IT department or system vendor for further assistance.
- Make sure the Network Recording is playing, then click the Mixer link.
- On the window that appears, verify there is a green bar moving up and down in the Network Recording Player... column.
- Note: If there is not a green bar moving up and down the recording may not contain audio.
- Verify your computer speakers are not configured for surround sound mode:
- Right-click on the icon in the system tray, then go to Sounds > Playback.
- Right-click on the default playback device (indicted by the icon), then select Configure Speakers.
- In the Audio channels: section, select Stereo, then click the Test button and verify you are able to hear audio.
- Press the Next button twice, then click Finish.
If possible, perform the following steps before contacting Webex Technical Support:
- Play the file on another PC and confirm you are able to hear audio.
- Check Windows Update to see if there is a new audio driver available for your PC.
- Contact your system vendor to see if there is a newer audio driver available.
If the issue persists after performing the additional steps, contact Webex Technical Support: WBX162 - How Do I Contact Webex Customer Services or Technical Support?