Cisco Jabber presence does not display in Outlook.
Cisco Jabber for Windows presence does not display in Outlook.
I do not see the Cisco Jabber presence indicator in Outlook.
Both Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) and its new version Skype for Business (Lync) have a presence indicator that appear in Outlook, and override the presence indicator for Cisco Jabber.
This may be caused for the following reasons:
- The Jabber user does not have a SIP record on the Exchange server or it is not formatted correctly.
- Microsoft OCS or Skype for Business (Lync) may be installed on the PC.
- You may be using an older version of Microsoft Office which isn't compatible with Cisco Jabber presence. Outlook 2007 and above are supported.
- The setting in Outlook to display your online status is disabled.
To resolve this issue, your IT department will need to add a SIP record to your proxyAddresses attribute in Active Directory. The entry must be formatted as 'SIP:email@example.com' and the address must match the username of your Cisco Jabber account.
Use one of the methods below to create SIP records:
- Use an Active Directory tool such as Active Directory User and Computers to add the SIP record to all users. (Windows Server 2008 or higher)
- Use the ADSchemaWizard utility to generate an LDIF file that adds a SIP record for all users to the directory. The admin package that contains this tool can be downloaded from: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?&i=!m&mdfid=284324806.
See the workarounds below if you are using Microsoft OCS or Skype for Business (Lync):
- Uninstall Microsoft OCS or Skype for Business (Lync) on the computer.
- Configure Microsoft OCS or Skype for Business (Lync) to not display presence. Refer to the product help documentation for further assistance.