I Can't Activate My Cisco Webex Endpoint
Use this article to troubleshoot issues with activating your Webex endpoint.
I can't activate my Cisco Webex endpoint.
Error: 'You entered an invalid activation code', while activating an endpoint in Webex.
What network ports need to be open for Webex endpoints?
I'm getting 'invalid activation code' errors when I try to activate an SX10 endpoint.
For Activation/Connection fails issues:
- The Webex endpoint must have an Internet connection.
- If the device is not paired when you activate the endpoint, you can still pair it if you create a local access account on the device to authenticate the Touch Device. Otherwise; you will need to factory reset the endpoint, pair the Touch Device, and then reactivate it on Webex.
- Make sure the correct ports are open (outbound) on the firewall.
The Protocol/Ports range for endpoint for Webex:
- RTP port 5004
- UDP is always preferred if both ports are open
- To check if ports are opened properly, and test your network performance, use the following tool:
Note: Some browsers may not be supported.
- Make sure the Activation Code is correct and valid.
- The activation code is one time use only. If the system is factory reset a new Activation code must be generated. Codes generated in the Control Hub admin portal are valid for up to 7 days, then expire.
- The administrator may generate a new activation code for help.
- Make sure the Product ID (PID) of the endpoint matches the endpoint you are activating; for example: CTS-SX10N-K9 (CTS-SX10NCODEC).
- For more information on Cisco Telepresence CE Software Release Notes (CE8), see: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce8/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce8.pdf
- For more information on Network requirements, see: Network Requirements for Webex Services