Problems Installing the Webex Client in Firefox
Problems installing the Webex client in Firefox
Problems joining Webex meetings using the Firefox browser
Problems installing the Cisco Webex add-on in Firefox
If you have issues installing the Cisco Webex add-on for Firefox:
- Launch Firefox.
- Click on the menu icon in the upper-right.
- Click Add-ons.
- Click Extensions in the left-panel.
- If you see Cisco Webex Extension, click the Remove button.
The following confirmation message should appear:
- Clear the browser cache and close completely out of all browser windows.
- Reopen Firefox, and go back to the Extension tab as shown in the steps above.
- Still on the Extensions tab, Enter in Cisco Webex in the upper-right search box.
- Click the Cisco Webex Extension link, then click the + Add to Firefox button.
- Select Add on the confirmation box.
- Try to join the meeting again.
If it still does not work, continue with the steps below.
- In the address bar, type in about:plugins with no space, and hit Enter.
- Scroll down and look for "ActiveTouch General Plugin Container" which would show you the "path" copy the path.
- Do one of the following:
- Navigate to your My Documents folder on your computer and paste the path.
- Click on Start (icon) in the search box and paste the path.
- Locate the .dll file, then delete it.
- Return to the about:plugin page then click the reload button .
The page that you were on (which shows you the plugin added on your browser, "ActiveTouch General Plugin Container") should no longer be there.
- Try to rejoin / restart the meeting, it will give you a prompt to "Allow the plugin "- click on Always Allow.
- Close and relaunch the browser, then start / join a meeting.