Use this article if your browser hangs while starting or joining a Webex session.
My browser hangs when connecting to the session.
My browser hangs at the 'One moment please...' page when starting or joining a meeting.
I can't get past the Meeting In Progress page when starting a meeting.
I get stuck at the Meeting In Progress page when trying to join a meeting.
Some IT departments may restrict an employee's ability to change browser security settings. If the settings buttons are grayed out in your internet options, contact your IT department for assistance with changing security settings.
To troubleshoot this issue (Test joining after performing each step):
- Clear cache and cookies:
- Run the Manual Installer (Requires admin rights)
- Use the Temporary File Solution (TFS) Installer (No admin rights needed)
- Try an Alternate Browser.
- Add Webex as a trusted site in your browser: WBX22063 - How Do I Add Webex to Trusted Sites in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
- Ensure that your network is configured to allow Webex traffic:
- Confirm that ActiveX controls are enabled (Internet Explorer Only):
- Disable any active popup blockers: