Error: 'Your Webex service site cannot be accessed. Please check the URL and network connection.'
Error: 'Your Webex service site cannot be accessed. Please check the URL and network connection' when using Outlook integration.
Outlook Integration cannot access my Webex site.
This error occurs when Outlook Integration cannot establish a connection with the Webex site (Example: SITENAME.webex.com). This can be caused by the following:
- Network connectivity issue.
- Configuration issue in Outlook integration.
- Webex Desktop App Plug-In failure.
To troubleshoot the issue:
- Attempt to access your company's Webex site (Example: https://SITENAME.webex.com) by visiting it directly through a web browser.
- If you are unable to access the site directly, but are able to access other external web sites (like http://www.google.com) please contact Webex Technical Support for further assistance.
- If you are unable to access any external web sites, please contact your company's IT department or internet service provider.
- Ensure your network and/or proxy server is configured to allow Webex traffic, see:
- Disable security software, then attempt to schedule a meeting. If the test is successful, add an exception for Webex to your security software.
- If you are not able to access the site from your Outlook plugin (Productivity Tools, or the Webex Meetings Desktop App), but are able to access the Webex site via the browser please do the following to check the configuration of the Webex Desktop App Outlook Integration plug-in:
- Open Outlook.
- From the Outlook Integration toolbar click the Webex or Schedule Meeting menu, then select Account Settings.
- Verify that the information in the Webex site address field is correct. The proper format for your Webex site is SITENAME.webex.com. Please insure there is no "www" at the beginning of the address and the address is prefaced with 'https://' not 'http://'.
- Click OK.
- Update to the latest version of Java:
- Navigate to http://www.java.com.
- Click the Free Java Download button.
- Click the Agree and Start Free Download button.
- Install the file that downloads.
- Exit all open web browsers, then launch a new browser for changes to take effect.
- Uninstall Productivity Tools or the Cisco Webex Desktop App. For help, see:
- Reinstall or install the Webex Desktop App. For help, see Install and Set Up the Webex Desktop App for Windows
If these steps do not resolve your issue, contact technical support, see: WBX162 - How Do I Contact Webex Customer Services or Technical Support?