Borderless CTI Overview
Computer telephony integration (CTI) enables users to use Webex® App to leverage computer-processing functions while making, receiving, and managing telephone calls. CTI applications allow users to retrieve customer information from a database on the basis of information that caller ID provides. CTI applications also enables users to use information that an interactive voice response (IVR) system captures, so the call can be routed to the appropriate customer service representative or so the information is provided to the individual who is receiving the call.
Currently, Users can use Webex® App to control Deskphone of their Desk IP phones or Remote Phones(Extend & Connect) using CTI when the Webex® App is On premise. Users who are working remotely from home will not be able to do Deskphone control of their Desk IP phones when the Webex® App are connected over MRA without VPN as Expressway does not support it. Users who want to use Webex® App to make and receive calls using a home or hotel phone (Extend & Connect), because their PC hardware or available network connection does not support VoIP will not work over MRA as Expressway does not support it.
Deskphone control: You want to connect WxApp to desk phone to handle calls (dial digits , make calls , end calls etc )
- Extend & Connect : You want to use WxApp to make and receive calls using a home or hotel phone, because your PC hardware or available network connection does not support VoIP. Extend and Connect
Configure CTI Application on premises. For more information, see Configure CTI Applications.
- Borderless CTI is supported on WxApps on Desktops and VDI.
- WxApp on desktop covers both Windows and MAC OS.
- You must subscribe to CCUC and the on prem device must be connected to CCUC.
If you have not subscribed to CCUC, see Set Up Webex Cloud-Connected UC for On-Premises Devices.
Enable Borderless CTI in Cloud Connected UC
From the customer view in Control Hub, go to Services > Connected UC. On the UC Management card, click Inventory
The list of cluster groups with the description, status, clusters and nodes appear.
Click Details next to the cluster group to which the node belongs.
The Inventory page with the list of clusters belonging to the selected cluster group appears.
Click Details next to the cluster to which the node belongs.
The Node name with the version, product, and status appears.
Click the ellipsis ... icon next to Event History and choose Service Management.
The Service Management page appears with the list of services, such as Analytics, Certificate Management, Operational Metrics, Borderless CTI and Deployment Insights.
Use the toggle button to enable Borderless CTI, and follow the on-screen instructions to enable it.
- This feature is supported on CUCM version 14.2SU(2) and above, Webex App 42.7 and above.
- Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series, Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series, Cisco Webex Desk Series (DX), Deskpro are the list of phone types
Other phone types like 69XX and SCCP phones are not supported.
- Webex App Mobile and Tablet are not supported.