Error: 'The site URL you typed does not exist or the site/network is down.'
If you are receiving an error similar to: 'The site URL you typed does not exist or the site/network is down. Please try again or contact your system admin.'
This may be caused by the following reasons:
- A firewall or proxy server on the network may not be allowing Webex traffic.
- A security application such as Symantec or Norton may not be allowing Webex traffic.
- APIs may not be enabled for your Webex site.
See the bullet points below for suggestions to resolve the issue:
- Temporarily disable any security software that may be blocking Webex traffic. (Example: Norton Internet Security, McAfee Firewall, Windows Firewall)
- Configure your network to allow Webex traffic, see:
- If the issue persists, test on your networks' DMZ or from a different internet connection.
If the issue persists after performing the suggestions in this article, contact technical support. For help, see: