Cisco Webex Site administrators can use this article for unlocking a host account.
How do I unlock a locked host account?
How do I unlock a host account that has been locked for too many incorrect log-in attempts?
What causes a Host account to be locked?
I received a Locked Out Account Notice email.
Site administrator receiving email to unlock a host account.
I am unable to login to my host account - Account is locked.
If the host experiencing the issue is using Webex Desktop App, have the user re-enter their user account password in the Webex Settings section of Webex Desktop App.
This issue will occur for the following reasons:
- The host has attempted to log in with an incorrect password too many times. (The account lockout policy varies by site and can be viewed/modified in Site Administration)
- Webex Desktop App is storing the incorrect host account password.
Site Administrators only - If you are not a Site Administrator, you must contact your company's Webex Site Administrators for help, see: Contact Your Webex Site Administrator.
Note: In Webex Business Suite (WBS) 31.7 and later, locked host accounts are shown on the site admin home page:
Click on the Locked account text to open a list of locked host accounts.
To unlock a host account:
- Log in to your Webex Site Administration page. (Example: SITENAME.Webex.com/admin.php)
- Click the Users or User Management link on the left side of the page.
- Enter search criteria for the user into the Username: or Email: field, then click the Search button.
- Click the name link of the account you would like to unlock.
- In the Privileges: > Security: section, uncheck the Account locked out box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, then click the Update button.