This is a webcam diagnostic application used for troubleshooting issues with webcams not working in a Webex meeting.
What is the Webcam Diagnostics application?
How do I troubleshoot issues with webcams?
Update - Extending Support for Windows 7
With the September 2020 (40.9) update, we announced the end of support for the Windows 7 operating system. We will now continue Windows 7 support on Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge through June 2021. Cisco will continue to provide bug fixes and updates for Windows 7 wherever possible.
For Windows 7 customers who use Internet Explorer, Cisco will support Internet Explorer 11 until Microsoft declares its end of life. To have the best meeting experience possible, plan to upgrade your operating system and browser to the latest versions. See following: Find Your Cisco Webex Meetings Version Number.
Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
Supported Cisco Webex Product Version
All Cisco Webex meeting service versions
Instructions (How to capture logs)
- Download and save "Diagnosis.zip" to your Desktop.
- Open "Diagnosis.zip" and double click on Vidcap.exe and choose Diagnosis.
- Once diagnosis is complete, select/highlight all the results and copy/paste it into a text document.
- Once completed, close VidCap Diagnosis and double-click on Captest.exe. (This will start streaming the webcam video to make sure it's working properly. Make sure the video works and shows up during "Captest.exe")
- Send the results captured from the diagnosis to your support agent and inform them of the result (successful or unsuccessful) of your Capture Test.
Was this article helpful?